Saturday, September 5, 2009

I HATE AIRPLANES!!!

My brother Karl had a free flight he had to use by September 16th so he offered it to me to go to New York to visit him and his family. I was able to get the time off work and fly out for a week. Well, if any of you have ridden in a car or flown with me you know that I am a very nervous traveler. I hate riding in the car or flying on long trips! I go crazy, call me a baby but I do! While flying from Phoenix to Philadelphia I kept falling in and out of sleep. All of the sudden I jerked awake because someone was screaming really loud. I was freaking out because I thought maybe the plane was going down. I opened my eye's and realized that I was the one screaming! Yes ME, in my sleep! I couldn't believe it! everyone was staring at me and some people were getting nervous and freaking out themselves. The man next to me had also been sleeping and when I jerked awake so did he. He had been sleeping with his arms folded so as he jerked awake he smacked me and his friend next to him. He then asked what was happening and I had to tell him, and everyone around me that I had had a nightmare. He let out a big breath and told me I about gave him a heart attack because he thought we were dying! then he told me that was the loudest scream he had ever heard. Boy did I feel sooooo HUMILIATED! I could not believe that I had screamed in my SLEEP of all things. Needless to say, the rest of the trip the people around we kept giving me weird looks and sometimes whispered about me and pointed. I think they were all a little nervous riding with me after that. We had a pretty rough landing in Philly and the overhead compartments were shaking really loud. A man sitting in a seat in front of me turned around and said, "good thing you were awake for that one. I would hate to have heard that scream." and everyone around us laughed. I was so glad to get off of that flight! Needless to say, I don't think I will EVER sleep on an airplane again. Or in a public place for that matter!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hahaha! That's hilarious. Sorry, but it is. I would have liked to of seen and heard that... Sorry you don't like traveling

Samantha Mendez said...

He. HEHEHE. :]

Samantha Mendez said...

He. HEHEHE. :]